Engaging in meaningful ACTION, discussion for positive social change in our community.
Skokie United was started in January 2016. After months of discussions about implement something for our community, we came together and started our movement. We started with Unity Coffees. These events where created to meet members of the community and have discussions about living, working, worshiping, and playing in Skokie.
In our four years we have:
- Book Clubs
- Facilitated Community Engagement meetings
- Imploring action for racial justice and specifically anti-racist policy and action in our government, education, and all of our public services
- WE BELIEVE that Skokie is better by engaging actively with our diverse community members.
- WE BELIEVE that Skokie will improve with deep positive relationships by being more inclusive.
- WE BELIEVE that Skokie (could) be more welcoming of everyone by giving everyone the ability to live an affordable lifestyle within our borders.
- WE BELIEVE in engaging relationships that provide everyone with an opportunity to share their voice.
- WE BELIEVE in the ability to deeply connect our community on the basis of our diversity and we focus on creating these supportive opportunities.
- WE BELIEVE that It is not enough to be diverse but to embrace racial equity.
- WE BELIEVE IN SKOKIE!
Socially engaging our community to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive, antiracist community through dialogue, events, and community.
Mission, Vision, and Values